Pages

Friday

A Whole Load Of 56 Coincidences

56 coincidence

A number coincidence story today from Colin.

The Number 56
"My son Tim who is 27, has been, since he was around 14, beleaguered by the number 56. It appears in his life with alarming regularity, directly and indirectly.

When my granddaughter Brooke was born just before 10am, he jokingly asked if the time was 9.56. The nurse said "No, 9.47" (but 9+47=56).

Now you may say so what, but it goes on. All the digits of his children's birthdays add up to 56!

Last summer I was waiting to board a plane at Heathrow when my son called to say good bye. Just as he said hello they announced my gate had changed to 56.

A few weeks later I was downloading a movie in the US at my wife's apartment. It had taken two days. I woke in the morning to see its progress, it was bang on 56%, not a digit more. One moment later I had an email from Tim to say my grandson had been born weighing 5lb 6oz. His birth date also completed the 56 total.

This has gone on for so long, we expect it, but we also look at times when it hasn't happened. There are obviously lots of them but most of the significant numbers in his life are 56 orientated.

I did point out to him that his wayward mother would be 56 in 2012, having been born in 1956. 2012 being significant to some panic mongers. But that is probably a coincidence.

An addendum to the last e-mail about my son Tim and his connection with the number 56. Yesterday his 4th child, my Granddaughter Harly, was born at 4.56 pm. I kid you not.

- Colin"

Colin has previously sent me stories, see The Riddle Of Epicurus Coincidence on my 67 Not Out blog - Mike

5 comments:

  1. With all those grandchildren being born Colin,may I suggest that you'll have to get their birthday presents from "Department 56";

    http://www.department56.com/index.aspx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's even a "Harley-Davidson® Snow Village"
      for sale at "Department 56" !?!
      Even though your grand daughter's name is spelled HARLY.

      Delete
  2. Here's another thought Colin.
    Next time you hear the song "Man on the Moon" from REM,or even "Lithium" by Nirvana,bare in mind that the word "Yeah" is said in each song a total of 56 times.
    I'm sure you'll take note now when you hear these played "randomly" from now on.-)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZs6wWEDR2g

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should have been a detective Darren.

      Delete
  3. How right you are about Daz! Love these 56 synchros. 56, of course, adds up to 11, that portal or enlightenment number.

    ReplyDelete